Makes 2 (1 quart) Jars
- 3 large pickling cucumbers
- 4 1/2 cups Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely milled sea salt
- 12 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons favorite pickling spice blend
- Two Large Mouth Quart Jars
First, wash and dry your cucumbers. Cut off the ends and slice into spears. Combine vinegar and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place 1/2 of the garlic and pickling spice blend into your sterilized still hot jars; pack in cucumbers. Pour boiling vinegar mixture over cucumbers to within 1/4 inch (1 cm) of rim (head space).
At this point, you can let cool on the counter and put in the fridge and wait 48 hours before digging in. You also can process 15 minutes in a canner. I opted for the fridge.
*NOTE* Next time I think I'll try it with some added a little sugar, for a sweet spicy flavor.