Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Russian Cabbage Salad


Tom had this at a Russian Cafe in one of Seattle's International Food Courts. I loved it! Which means I kept stealing it off his plate. I vowed to him that I would have to learn how to make that for us and this is the recipe I've conjured up so far that is the closest I can get to the goodness we had for way too much money. If I find something to make it even better, a tweak or a slight change, I'll re post it for all.

INGREDIENTS:
1 head cabbage, cored and shredded or 1 bag of ready chopped cole slaw mix
1/8 cup olive oil or canola oil (I use 1/2 of each)
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon's freshly squeezed.
Juice of two limes freshly squeezed.
Chopped fresh cilantro (I use most of a whole bunch. Less could be used.)
Salt and Pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl, and drizzle olive oil over it. Toss until evenly coated. Season with garlic, lemon juice lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir to blend in all of the flavors. Store in the fridge for a few hours before serving for a more tastier salad.

Per Serving: 129 calories, 9.1 grams of fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 14.8 grams of carbs, and 1.9 grams of protein. Makes 8 Servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment