Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Continuation of the Polar Vortex: Day Two

Our heater turned itself on to 'emergency' heat sometime last night.... Brrrrrrrr it's cold this morning!

I really wish I could have sneaked outside last night to check on the goats without them all waking up and coming out of their hopefully cozy warm straw beds. I really need some Ninja Skillz!
The water was frozen solid this morning, but all the goats came out of the goat shed VERY slowly to great me.  It's so relieving to find goats are all up and alert even though we did have some shivering going on. They ate their rations, tops dressings, drunk their special tea, and is now eating hay. And must not forget our feathered fowl, they were all doing well this morning even though they refused to come out of their upper roosting coop.

I know there have been a lot of critters lost to this storm.... Breaks my heart. I am so very thankful that all ours have survived it and from here on out, it's going to be warming up.
Going to be a long day. I cannot believe it's only 2 degrees here and the wind is picking up. Going to take out how ACV water every hour on the hour and continue with the special tea every 4 hours.  Going to keep a close eye on all living things today to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment