* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 6 medium cloves garlic, chopped
* 4 cups + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
* 2 TBS fresh lime juice
* 3 cups kale rinsed and chopped fine (remove stems)
* 2 cups hominy
* 15 oz can diced tomatoes
* 4 oz can diced green chili
* 3 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop onion and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes before cooking to bring out their hidden health benefits.
2. Rinse kale and remove stems. Chop fine.
3. Heat 1 TBS broth in medium sized soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent.
4. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
5. Add remaining ingredients except cilantro. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
6. Add cilantro, salt and pepper.
Calories 135.27 calories from fat 11.20 calories from saturated fat 1.52 protein 4.93 g carbohydrates 27.03 g dietary fiber 6.02 g sugar - total 6.43 g fat - total 1.24 g saturated fat 0.17 g mono fat 0.24 g poly fat 0.57 g cholesterol 0.00 mg