- 1 cup Four Thieves Dry Herbal Mix
- 3 tablespoons Lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons Tansy
- 3 tablespoons Rue
- White Vinegar
- Combine the recommended measured amounts of herbs and vinegar in a glass canning jar, seal with lid and steep in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks or more, shaking daily. Then, strain out the used herbs, and retain the herbal liquid mixture.
- The Vinegar of the Four Thieves is a super-strong insect repellent. It should be diluted with water to half strength if you spray it directly on your skin.
Things to Note:
- DO NOT use on broken skin.
- The Vinegar of the Four Thieves can be used to benefit anyone: men, women, children and animals.
- This repellent can be used many ways. Splashed on your socks or shoes will discourage ticks, chiggers, and mites. An herbal cloth kept in your pocket and rubbed on your skin ever hour or so would be very beneficial during outdoor work or recreation. Or, a nightly bath with a little herbal vinegar and oil will keep it on your skin for many hours and could prove helpful for families who live in the country or while out on camping trips.
- It can be used as often as you would like, and in any external application you choose.
- Storage is not a critical issue with this mixture. However, we keep ours in a dark, dry and cool place.